9.08.2009

I'm In It For The Long Fight

A bonsai tree rubs up against the skyline,
looses its throat into a roar.

People flee in terror,
but mostly take
pictures on their cellphones.
The night is punctuated
with sirens and flashing lights:
nothing too out of the ordinary.

From my rooftop fortress
I trace the patterns
of terror with my index finger
and I swear its a symbol
urging me to action.

I power up

and by that I mean smoke drugs
then hurdle the gaps
between buildings in a quickening blur
of unidirectional rage.

I'm not wearing elbow or knee pads
and a headbutt is out of the question
so I start a small lumber mill,
using my super-trustworthy face
as collateral.

Over the next three fiscal years
we grow large enough to take
care of our city-assailant,
but he had since moved on
to bigger and better things.

No comments: